What to Bring to Treatment
If you or a loved one is suffering from drug & alcohol addiction, New River Wellness Center is here to help. As a leader is women’s drug & alcohol treatment, New River Wellness offers a comprehensive treatment plan that includes both traditional and holistic components for treating addiction as well as co-occurring mental health disorders. When you or your loved one prepares to enter New River Wellness Center’s Women’s Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program there are many questions you may have about your stay.
- T-shirts, tank tops, blouses
- Sweatshirts, light jacket, long sleeve shirts
- Bras and underwear, socks
- Sandals, slippers, tennis shoes
- Gym clothes
- Bathing suit and beach towel (optional)
- Clients will have access to laundry facilities
- See dress code limitations in “What Not to Bring”
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Body wash
- Razors (Will be locked for safety purposes. Clients will have supervised access)
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Mouthwash (non-alcoholic)
- Perfume, Nail Polish, and Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover (Will be locked for safety purposes. Clients will have supervised access)
- Patches and Gum
- iPod/MP3 Player: must NOT come equipped with camera capability for client confidentiality and privacy protection. Must not have Wi-Fi capability.
- Cell Phone: limited access based upon need (Phone time will be made available daily)
- Laptop/Tablet: Clients may bring laptop/tablet for personal use of pressing circumstances. All laptops/tablets are kept locked and clients will have supervised access. However, bringing your own personal laptop/tablet is discouraged as clients will have computer access at the Treatment Facility, if needed.
- Envelopes and Stamps
- Address Book
- Small crafting supplies
- DVD’s: we will provide clients with movies and clients will have access to the in house Movie Theater, however if there are 1 or 2 movies that you absolutely love, feel free to bring them!
- Drivers license, State ID, or Passport
- Insurance Card
- Prescription Card
- Dental Insurance Card
- Food Stamp Card (if applicable): Clients will be given a weekly allowance for grocery shopping. Clients may supplement the given monetary amount with their food stamp card or their own personal funds.
- Petty cash: Clients will have the opportunity to use their extra money on top of money given from the facility at our fun sober outings. Clients are also allowed to purchase cigarettes and miscellaneous items with client cash.
- Court Documents: Clients are advised to bring any active court and legal documents for case management purposes.
What Not to Bring to Treatment
- Alcohol or drugs
- Over the Counter Medications
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Food or Drink containing excessive amounts of caffeine ( energy drinks, energy shots, energy pills, etc..)
- Weapons of any kind
- Excessive Jewelry or Valuables
- Mouthwash containing alcohol;
- Aerosol products (bug spray, hair spray, etc.)
- Hair dye
- Short shorts (must be below fingertips, when arms are at side in a stand tall position)
- Halter tops or shirts that show your midriff. (When you hold your arms up, we should not be able to see your skin
- or underwear.)
- Clothing with inappropriate wording, offensive language, alcoholic beverage logos, or suggested narcotic promotion
- Clothing that is “see through” (No fishnet, lace, sheer, etc.)